July 15-19th, 2013
Download a Pella Camp Brochure.
Click here to Register as a Camper, Huddle Leader, or Staff.
Early Bird Registration Deadline is June 24th!
Registration deadline is July 8th!
Make a camp payment!
Pella Camp Questions?
Call the Central/Western Iowa FCA office at 515-727-1868 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What sports are offered?
Each camper has the choice of sport that they choose to focus on during their camp week.
| Cross Country
|| Cross Country
|| Track & Field
| Track & Field
* 1/2 pad camp: Helmets & Shoulder Pads Only. Don't forget your mouth guard and practice jersey.
FCA provides a week to remember for those who are entering, are currently on, or have been a member of an athletic team and who are entering 8th grade thru graduated seniors.
Multi-Sport Camp: $355 before June 24th, 2013, $370 from June 24 - July 8, 2013 ($100 Deposit)
Golf Camp: $460 until July 8, 2013 ($100 Deposit)
Registration deadline is July 8th!
After enrollment, there is a non-refundable cancellation fee of $50.00, and a non-refundable no-show fee of $100.00.
Camp Scholarships may be available through an FCA office, church or family/friend.
What do I get?
- Challenging instruction from college & high school coaches
- Evening programs featuring music, skits and speakers
- Great housing and meals
- Official FCA Camp 2013 T-shirt
- A complimentary issue of FCA's national sports magazine
- FCA Athlete Bible with discussion guides and study helps
- FCA Camp water bottle
- FCA Camp Theme lanyard
Golf Campers also Receive
- Daily play at the beautiful and challenging Bos Landen Golf Resort
- Practice balls and facility use
- Top notch instruction daily from golf professionals
- Skills tests and contests
Why Choose FCA Camp?
- The best instruction from area high school & college coaches, athletes & golf pros
- Huddle time with college athletes
- Challenged spiritually and physically
- Learn to be a true leader in your daily life and on your team
- Tackle real life issues you deal with everyday
- Connect your love for sports with your love for Christ
Central College 812 University Ave., Pella, IA 50219
- It is easily accessible from major highways, as well as, the airports in Des Moines or Cedar Rapids. The campus is approximately one hour southeast of Des Moines.
Bos Landen Golf Resort 2411 Bos Landen Drive, Pella, IA 50219
- Bos Landen, which means "Land of Woods" in Dutch, is a beautiful golf resort nestled in 350 acres of rolling hills. This golf community, which was started in 1994, features a scenic five-acre lake and 200 year-old oak and hickory trees, and it provides players with natural beauty and a challenging, yet enjoyable, golfing experience.
Volleyball campers travel off campus to a local high school, middle school or grade school gym for clinics and competition.
- Contact the FCA camp office at 515-727-1868 or email@example.com if you would like to know more specifics about these off campus locations.
Campers should plan to arrive at Camp on Monday, July 15th between 10:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. and leave Friday, July 19th around Noon.
On Friday, July 19th at 10:00 am all parents are invited to a reception in the Douwstra Auditorium Balcony. We'll have a short program letting you know what your child(ren) did during camp and answer any questions you have regarding the week. Then you will be able to join us for our closing ceremony and meet up with your child(ren).
Transportation to and from camp is the responsibility of the camper. Contact the Central/Western Iowa FCA Office at (515) 727-1868 for pick-up and drop-off guidelines for the Des Moines International Airport. Early arrivals will have an additional cost.
Directions to campus are available on-line. A campus map will be mailed to registered campers two weeks prior to camp. This map will show specific drop-off & pick-up locations.
Housing, Meeting Rooms & Cafeteria are air-conditioned. Central has a beautiful campus with a canal running through it. The Cafeteria is a "Food Court" with multiple choices.
Campers and their huddle leaders will be housed in Central College's dormitory. For over 56 years the FCA Camps program has worked best when friends, classmates and siblings are not housed together at Camp. Roommate requests will not be honored. (Special situations will be reviewed.)
This year all campers will be issued a room key in order to keep their belongings safe in their room. Keys not returned at the conclusion of camp will result in a $75 fee.
Cell Phones & Electronic Devices:
While we know there's nothing we can do about students bringing cell phones or electronic devices and keeping them in their rooms, we do STRONGLY encourage you not to send a them with your student to camp. Part of the camp experience is being submerged in a different culture, away from the distractions of the "world". These items detract and hinder your child's and other camper's camp experience. If your student needs to get a hold of you, all they need to do is ask one of the camp staff (who are always in close proximity) and they will give them access to a phone. If you need to get a hold of your child during camp, call one of the camp staff (numbers will be posted at a later date) and within minutes they can get to your child and allow you to talk. Plus, if your child does not have a cell phone at camp it encourages him/her to be independent in a positive way.
Attn: Camper's Name Here
812 University Ave.
Pella, IA 50219