The ILLOWA FCA’s Area Leadership Board is pleased to announce our annual FCA Scholar Athlete of the Year award.
The award is a scholarship available to a Senior Male and Female Student Athlete and will be awarded each year at our annual Night of Champions Celebration and Fundraiser. Each Huddle Coach shall have the ability to nominate one or two senior athletes from their huddle for the award. The criteria for consideration of the award are as follows:
- Active involvement in FCA School Huddle within the ILLOWA area;
- Active involvement in school’s athletic program(s);
- A demonstrated character that is consistent with FCA’s Vision, Mission and Four Core Values.
- A G.P.A. of at least 3.0; and
- An essay, written by student nominee, of what FCA has meant to proposed nominee. Please include future plans, such as course of study/major in college if known.
Each Huddle Coach may submit their nominations (one or two senior athletes), along with a statement of the reasons for the nomination. Each Student Nominees completes the students’ essay, and provides a certified transcript. Social Security number or College Student ID number is required. Please upload or mail a photo which will be used for the program, (see students’ essay form) .
The nominations will be reviewed by the Area Leadership Board’s scholarship committee and the top ten candidates, will be honored at the Annual Home Team Banquet and Fundraiser, April 6, 2013.
Both the Huddle Coach nomination form and Student's essay form must be received by 9 pm March 21, 2013.